skip to main |
skip to sidebar
We're engaged!
For all of you who asked for our story....Yesterday was a very important day for me and Griffin. We were so excited to finally have a "real" date. With our crazy schedules we hardly ever have time for real dates! We had both taken Saturday night off and planned Teppanyaki for dinner to celebrate our year anniversary. We headed to dinner after we both got off work, and wandered around city creek and Temple Square. After that we headed to the restaurant around 6:00. The food was fantastic and we had a blast. Neither of us had been there for a while. and I was surprised that Griffin wasn't eating very much...turned out he was incredibly nervous because he had my ring in his pocket and was proposing in about an hour! After dinner he had about thirty minutes to stall. We started driving and I said "honey look! Target!" and he asked me "do you need to go to target?" "Yes. Yes I do" So we decided to buy a movie at Target and get treats instead of going to a movie. We wandered around for a bit and he "went to the bathroom" for a while he was really taking phone calls making sure everything was set up. We left Target and headed back to his house.

Side note- If you haven't seen the Pixar short before Wreck it Ralf called Paperman- go look it up. It's adorable and he decorated and based our sweet engagement after it.
Anyway. We got back to his house and all of the lights were off. We walked into the living room and suddenly Christmas lights came on and I saw paper air planes hanging from the ceiling. In the middle of the living room was a beautiful bouquet of flowers, ice cream and peach rings and on the wall were pictures of us. I didn't make it very far. He tried to lead me further into the living room but I suddenly couldn't move. Griffin was suddenly on one knee and all I heard was "Haley Ann Benson...." and I was suddenly in a dream. Thank goodness we have it recorded so I can remember how sweet and perfect it was.
My ring is perfect. I was so surprised. I'm so crazy in love. Griffin is the best thing to have ever happened to me. We haven't picked a date yet... we'll keep you posted. I'm going to be a Gish! Thank you to my sweet family and friends who helped make this proposal perfect.
This is so cute! You guys are such a beautiful couple. And cannot wait for you to have a happily ever after!
ReplyDeleteSidenote: It looks like everyone color coordinated their shirts. Haha it looks like valentines!