Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shopping and playing


It's been a wonderful weekend! Thursday I went to the temple with Kaesi, a girl in my ward who is also from Utah and who is here nannying. We had an excellent time at the temple and had dinner at California Pizza kitchen before heading home. On Friday after a busy day with the kids I took myself out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (which was so yummy!) on the pier and crawled in bed and started watching My Fair Lady. After a busy week with the kids, it was the Friday night I needed. This morning Kaesi and I went to the LA fashion district and then to Venice Beach. We did lots of shopping and saw many interesting things including little turtles, mini rabbits, a man swallowing swords, people offering medical marijuana, and we even got henna tattoos. Kaesi got hers on her ankle and I got mine on my back. We both got these cute little birds. By the end of the day I ended up with new purses(one for Abby) a bracelet, an adorable hat and ribbons to tie in my hair. I could have bought lots more because heavens knows how much stuff there is to buy at the fashion district :) Then after a short break we headed off to game night. What a crazy, fun, busy, day! I'm super tired and already looking forward to my Sunday nap!

3 comments:

  1. woohoo! great day my friend. next time maybe we should just have a whole day of laying and being lazy at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. Cuz you need another purse ;). I'm glad you've got someone to hang with there :D. Play hard and party harder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Kaesi we totally need a beach day! Megan, ya I know, I didn't really need another purse. But I didn't really need shorts and a t-shirt from Victoria's Secret today either. Please stop my spending.

    ReplyDelete